Industry Manpower Shortage
About This Episode
We talk with Mike about:
- The typical size of a tower, wind, and solar crew;
- The background of crew members and where they come from;
- Issues that employers are facing when bringing employees in; and
- The college vs. trade misconception.
Our weekly insight is a continuation of our discussion in episode 14 about rope.
This week we discuss rope termination options. Topics include:
- Termination Plates; and
- Sewn & Spliced Terminations.
You can find our full blog post about rope termination options by clicking here.
We’d also like to take this time to remind everyone that while this show is meant to be fun, entertaining, and informative it is not intended to replace proper, in-depth training. Manufacturer’s instructions must also be followed and reviewed before any fall protection equipment is used. And proper training should be received before operating any equipment or before climbing.
Why do YOU Climb?
We’d like to hear from you about why YOU climb. Email us a voice message at firstname.lastname@example.org about why you climb and what climbing means to you for a chance to be featured on the show – and win some swag of course.