Communication on the Job Site
This episode’s theme is communication on the job site. Communication is an important part of every job. If you cannot quickly, reliably, and clearly communicate with your crew then a job can quickly go from easy to difficult and dangerous.
About This Episide
In episode 2 of Gear Up with Gear Experts, our guest is Gear Expert Mike Krohn. Mike is the Regional Sales Manager for the Heart of America Region and has been with GME Supply and Columbia Safety for just over 1-1/2 years.
We talk with Mike about:
- When you need communication on a job site or for your company in general;
- When you need to start considering upgrading your equipment;
- What expectations you should have for your communication equipment; and
- How communication equipment is an investment, not an expense.
This week we discuss Digital vs. Analog Communication. Topics include:
- Main differences; and
You can find our full blog post comparing digital and analog communication equipment by clicking here.
We also make a few announcements that we are pretty excited about!
- We are the Infinity Sponsor for NATE Unite 2019. If you find yourself going to NATE this year – be sure to stop by our booth and say hello!
- We’re expanding. We’ve got a new location in Dallas, Texas. If you’re in the Dallas area, come check out our new building and say hello!
We’d also like to take this time to remind everyone that while this show is meant to be fun, entertaining, and informative it is not intended to replace proper, in-depth training. Manufacturer’s instructions must also be followed and reviewed before any fall protection equipment is used. And proper training should be received before operating any equipment or before climbing.
Episode 010 RF SafetyThis episode's theme is RF Safety. Radio Frequency or RF isn’t always something that people consider dangerous, but prolonged exposure can wreak havoc on the body.Hosts & Guests John Medina Alex Giddings feat: Max BirchResources Choose Your...
Episode 009 Tool Tethering This episode's theme is tool tethering. Tool tethering is another way to ensure that your crew, both the ones climbing/doing the work and the ones on the ground, stay safe. Hosts & Guests John Medina Alex Giddings feat: Jim Zepp...
Episode 008 Lifting & Rigging This episode's theme lifting and rigging. It’s an important part of at-height work and if not done properly can cause a whole range of different issues.Hosts & Guests John Medina Alex Giddings feat: Austin Painter Resources Choose...