Communication on the Job Site
This episode’s theme is communication on the job site. Communication is an important part of every job. If you cannot quickly, reliably, and clearly communicate with your crew then a job can quickly go from easy to difficult and dangerous.
About This Episide
In episode 2 of Gear Up with Gear Experts, our guest is Gear Expert Mike Krohn. Mike is the Regional Sales Manager for the Heart of America Region and has been with GME Supply and Columbia Safety for just over 1-1/2 years.
We talk with Mike about:
- When you need communication on a job site or for your company in general;
- When you need to start considering upgrading your equipment;
- What expectations you should have for your communication equipment; and
- How communication equipment is an investment, not an expense.
This week we discuss Digital vs. Analog Communication. Topics include:
- Main differences; and
You can find our full blog post comparing digital and analog communication equipment by clicking here.
We also make a few announcements that we are pretty excited about!
- We are the Infinity Sponsor for NATE Unite 2019. If you find yourself going to NATE this year – be sure to stop by our booth and say hello!
- We’re expanding. We’ve got a new location in Dallas, Texas. If you’re in the Dallas area, come check out our new building and say hello!
We’d also like to take this time to remind everyone that while this show is meant to be fun, entertaining, and informative it is not intended to replace proper, in-depth training. Manufacturer’s instructions must also be followed and reviewed before any fall protection equipment is used. And proper training should be received before operating any equipment or before climbing.
Episode 31 Columbia Creative ServicesThis episode's theme is Columbia Creative Services. Columbia Creative Services is a mid-Missouri based creative marketing agency that specifically services safety and industrial companies. It’s run and managed by the Marketing...
Episode 30 Respirator 101 This episode's theme is Respirators. Due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic, we’ve seen a lot of different messaging regarding respirators, specifically N95 respirators. And, unfortunately, not all of that information has been correct or...
Episode 29 NWSAThis episode's theme is NWSA. Effective June 1st of this year (2020 in case you are listening to this at some point in the future) 25% of all climbers working on SBA communications sites must be NWSA certified with a minimum of 1 certified technician...