Lifting & Rigging
This episode’s theme lifting and rigging. It’s an important part of at-height work and if not done properly can cause a whole range of different issues.
About This Episide
We talk with Austin about:
- Best practices to use when preparing for a job that will involve lifting and rigging;
- Double Braid Rope;
- Finding the right equipment to use for lifting and rigging; and
- Capstan Hoists.
This week we discuss the ASME B30 Standard for lifting and rigging. Topics include:
- A breakdown of the ASME B30 Standard.
We also make an announcement that we are pretty excited about! April is a busy month for us. We are attending two different trade shows at the end of the month.
- From April 24th-25th we will be up north with our friends in Montreal, QC attending STAC. If you find yourself in the area be sure to stop by our booth and say hi!
- At the same time, we are sending a team of Gear Experts out to Charollete, NC from April 24th – 26th to attend SEAA. If you’re in the area come by and say hi!
We’d also like to take this time to remind everyone that while this show is meant to be fun, entertaining, and informative it is not intended to replace proper, in-depth training. Manufacturer’s instructions must also be followed and reviewed before any fall protection equipment is used. And proper training should be received before operating any equipment or before climbing.
Episode 020 Safety HelmetsThis episode's theme is safety helmets. When it comes to working on the job site, protecting your head is pretty important. But, a lot more goes into finding the perfect helmet than most people think. Hosts & Guests John Medina Alex...
Episode 019 Company CultureThis episode's theme is company culture. GME Supply and Columbia Safety have seen incredible growth over the past few years and we have no intention of slowing down. One thing we attribute to that growth is the culture of our company.Hosts...
Episode 018 Your One-Stop PartnerThis episode's theme is partnership. Our mission is to keep workers safe and productive on the job. Part of achieving that mission is making sure that we do everything in our power to ensure that our customers succeed. From inventory...