Lifting & Rigging
This episode’s theme lifting and rigging. It’s an important part of at-height work and if not done properly can cause a whole range of different issues.
About This Episide
We talk with Austin about:
- Best practices to use when preparing for a job that will involve lifting and rigging;
- Double Braid Rope;
- Finding the right equipment to use for lifting and rigging; and
- Capstan Hoists.
This week we discuss the ASME B30 Standard for lifting and rigging. Topics include:
- A breakdown of the ASME B30 Standard.
We also make an announcement that we are pretty excited about! April is a busy month for us. We are attending two different trade shows at the end of the month.
- From April 24th-25th we will be up north with our friends in Montreal, QC attending STAC. If you find yourself in the area be sure to stop by our booth and say hi!
- At the same time, we are sending a team of Gear Experts out to Charollete, NC from April 24th – 26th to attend SEAA. If you’re in the area come by and say hi!
We’d also like to take this time to remind everyone that while this show is meant to be fun, entertaining, and informative it is not intended to replace proper, in-depth training. Manufacturer’s instructions must also be followed and reviewed before any fall protection equipment is used. And proper training should be received before operating any equipment or before climbing.
Episode 014 Rope CompatibilityThis episode's theme is rope compatibility. Ensuring that your rope is compatible with your equipment is an important part of job site safety that isn’t always top of mind. Hosts & Guests John Medina Alex Giddings feat: Michael...
Episode 013 Rope MaintenanceThis episode's theme is rope inspection and maintenance. Of course, rope can be used as part of your safety plan for at-height work. But in this episode, we are going to talk about proper rope care, rope inspection, and inspection practices...
Episode 012 TrainingThis episode's theme is training. The equipment you have is essentially useless if you haven’t been trained in proper operating procedures. Knowing what to do, how to do, and how to stay safe are an important part of industrial work.Hosts &...