Lifting & Rigging
This episode’s theme lifting and rigging. It’s an important part of at-height work and if not done properly can cause a whole range of different issues.
About This Episide
We talk with Austin about:
- Best practices to use when preparing for a job that will involve lifting and rigging;
- Double Braid Rope;
- Finding the right equipment to use for lifting and rigging; and
- Capstan Hoists.
This week we discuss the ASME B30 Standard for lifting and rigging. Topics include:
- A breakdown of the ASME B30 Standard.
We also make an announcement that we are pretty excited about! April is a busy month for us. We are attending two different trade shows at the end of the month.
- From April 24th-25th we will be up north with our friends in Montreal, QC attending STAC. If you find yourself in the area be sure to stop by our booth and say hi!
- At the same time, we are sending a team of Gear Experts out to Charollete, NC from April 24th – 26th to attend SEAA. If you’re in the area come by and say hi!
We’d also like to take this time to remind everyone that while this show is meant to be fun, entertaining, and informative it is not intended to replace proper, in-depth training. Manufacturer’s instructions must also be followed and reviewed before any fall protection equipment is used. And proper training should be received before operating any equipment or before climbing.
Episode 010 RF SafetyThis episode's theme is RF Safety. Radio Frequency or RF isn’t always something that people consider dangerous, but prolonged exposure can wreak havoc on the body.Hosts & Guests John Medina Alex Giddings feat: Max BirchResources Choose Your...
Episode 009 Tool Tethering This episode's theme is tool tethering. Tool tethering is another way to ensure that your crew, both the ones climbing/doing the work and the ones on the ground, stay safe. Hosts & Guests John Medina Alex Giddings feat: Jim Zepp...
Episode 007 RescueThis episode's theme is rescue. While we’d all like to believe that rescue situations will never happen for us, unfortunately, mistakes or freak accidents can happen. Being properly prepared for a rescue situation is an important part of job site...