Lifting & Rigging
This episode’s theme lifting and rigging. It’s an important part of at-height work and if not done properly can cause a whole range of different issues.
About This Episide
We talk with Austin about:
- Best practices to use when preparing for a job that will involve lifting and rigging;
- Double Braid Rope;
- Finding the right equipment to use for lifting and rigging; and
- Capstan Hoists.
This week we discuss the ASME B30 Standard for lifting and rigging. Topics include:
- A breakdown of the ASME B30 Standard.
We also make an announcement that we are pretty excited about! April is a busy month for us. We are attending two different trade shows at the end of the month.
- From April 24th-25th we will be up north with our friends in Montreal, QC attending STAC. If you find yourself in the area be sure to stop by our booth and say hi!
- At the same time, we are sending a team of Gear Experts out to Charollete, NC from April 24th – 26th to attend SEAA. If you’re in the area come by and say hi!
We’d also like to take this time to remind everyone that while this show is meant to be fun, entertaining, and informative it is not intended to replace proper, in-depth training. Manufacturer’s instructions must also be followed and reviewed before any fall protection equipment is used. And proper training should be received before operating any equipment or before climbing.
Episode 25 Cool Gift IdeasThis episode's theme is a little different than most episodes. The holiday season is upon us and we’ve got gifts on our mind and we wanted to pick out some of our favorite gifts for this year. John picked out a few things that he thinks are...
Episode 24 Wind Energy Myths DebunkedThis episode's theme is wind energy myths. The wind energy industry has seen explosive growth over the past decade. According to the American Wind Energy Association, wind energy facilities generated 6.5% of the electricity used in...
Episode 23 Solutions Experts This episode's theme is our ability as Gear Experts to help you find the perfect solution to get the job done. Whether you know exactly what you need, but are not sure how to get it, or you simply know what you need to accomplish, but...